Use the Track option if you want TrackMyStop to monitor how far is your destination stop and to alert you when you reach closer to your station stop.
How to use the Track option is explained below on this page.
1. Select the Track tab by tapping the alarm clock icon shown on the menu bar at the bottom of the App’s screen. This option is selected by default when you launch TrackMyStop and if it is not already running in the background. If the app is launched again when it is already running in the background, you will see the last screen you used while interacting with the app.
2. A choice of Railroad Transit Systems supported within TrackMyStop will be displayed.
3. Now select a Railroad transit system.
4. A choice of Routes for the selected Railroad transit system will be displayed on the next screen.
5. Select an appropriate Route on which you are traveling.
6. On the next screen, you will see a list of Station Stops on the selected Route.
7. Select a Station Stop you are interested in.
8. Now you will see a new screen that will show you the selected station stop and its address, if available. It will ask you to choose when you want to be alerted.
Select a suitable alert radius and tap the “Start Tracking My Stop” button.
9. You will finally see the “TrackMyStop” screen. On this screen, you can see where you are and how far is your destination.
When you use this option for the very first time, TrackMyStop will request you to authorize it to use your location. TrackMyStop needs your location to perform its intended function. So please allow the app to use your location.
10. At any time, you can tap the 'View Route Map' button to view your train route. When you choose this option,
TrackMyStop will show you a map along with all station stops on your route. Each station stop is shown as a red color pin. By tapping on any of these station stops displayed on the map, you can see its name and how far you are from the station stop.
11. You can also tap on the 'SMS my Ride' button to SMS your family members, friends or a Limo/Taxi driver, who are coming to receive you at your destination station stop.
When you select this option, TrackMyStop will automatically compose an SMS message and show it to you on your device. If you wish you can modify its contents or simply tap the send button to initiate transmission of the SMS message.
To check the status of the SMS message sent using this option, you will need to go to the Messages app.
TrackMyStop can work in foreground or in background. As long as you remain on the “TrackMyStop” screen, you will see the progress of your journey being updated regularly on the screen. However, if you launch any other app, make a call or go to some other option within TrackMyStop, the app will still continue to monitor the progress of your journey in background*. In this case, you will see notifications or alerts only when your destination stop is within the selected alert radius.
TrackMyStop tracks your location even when it is running in background.
When you are within the selected alert radius, you will also be notified of any network errors due to which TrackMyStop was unable to track your location or the progress of your journey. However, TrackMyStop will retry and continue to track your journey.
* Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Copyright (C) 2007-2014 Exultancy Inc.
All rights reserved.